Today's recipe is one that I've been meaning to post for some time now. It's so fresh and perfect for Spring! Pretty easy, too. I hope you'll try it!
- 1 pound fresh or frozen sweet peas
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 TBS summer savory
- 1 TBS marjoram
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 quart salt-free vegetable stock
- 2 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 TBS mellow white miso
- handful of fresh sprouts
- Place all ingredients, except the miso and the peas, into a soup pot and simmer on low until the onions are tender.
- Add the peas. If using frozen peas, simmer just until they're thawed. If using fresh, take the pot off the heat and set aside.
- Place the cashews and enough of the soup broth to cover in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. NOTE: If you don't have a high-powered blender, you can use any blender, just soak the cashews in fresh water for about 5 hours prior.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend again until smooth.
- Make a slurry out of the miso by adding it to about 1 TBS of water and mixing well.
- Return the blended soup to the pot and add the miso surry, stirring well to combine.
- Serve garnished with some sprouts of your choice. I used fresh pea shoots—found at Trader Joe's!