- 1 1/4 cups corn flour (NOT corn meal. Corn flour is also called Masa. You can find it in the Latin section of your grocery store).
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 2 tsp date sugar or any minimally processed sweetener
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 TBS ground flax seeds
- 3 TBS water
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 cup coarsely grated zucchini
- 1 cup fresh corn niblets (or frozen and thawed)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 stalk chopped green onion
- small amount of cold-pressed vegetable oil for frying
- Combine the flax meal with the water and set aside.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients.
- Chop all your veggies.
- Add the milk and flax mixture to the corn flour mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Add all of the veggies and the cilantro and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium-low to medium heat. Use a small amount of oil to prevent sticking.
- When skillet is hot, drop batter by ladle or ice-cream scoop. Flatten a bit with your ladle or scoop to form the fritters. They should be about 3 1/2 - 4 inches in diameter.
- When the fritters look dry around the edges, flip and cook until golden brown. BE PATIENT. You only want to flip them once. They won't burn at the temperature you're using. It's important that most of the moisture is cooked off before you flip them or they will be too mushy on the inside.
|This is how they should look before you flip them!|